The All Africa Student Convention (AASC) is an annual event that is held over a period of one week. High school learners from across Africa (and even Scandinavia) come together to compete in events in a variety of platforms : Academic, art, sport, music, speech & drama and dance.
AASC can best be described as a mini Olympics for learners in schools using the ACE system as well as other Christian schools. Plus minus 2000 students attend-ed the AASC.
Learners who excel in their events are no-minated to attend the International Student Convention, which is held in the USA once a year. The ISC tour is a life-changing ex-perience and an awesome opportunity for learners.
Rehoboth Christian School Kathu partici-pated in the AASC 2017 in Bloemfontein from 02 - 07 October 2017. Here are the
results of these learners.
1. Creative Praise and Worship Small Group received 6th place : Lize-Mari Coet-zee, Anri Hoffman, Jo-Ann Rabie, Charity Sekhaku and Duard Kotze.
2. Creative Praise and Worship Duet 8th place : Jo-Ann Rabie and Lize-Mari Coet-zee.
3. Athletics 1600 Run (male) 9th place : Duard Kotze
4. PowerPoint Presentation - Linear : Lize-Mari Coetzee 10th place and Charity Sekhakhu 9th place.
5. Science Exhibit (Engineering) 2nd place : Lize -Mari Coetzee
Both Lize-Mari Coetzee and Charity Sek-hakhu were nominated to represent Reho-both Kathu at the International Student Convention held from 11 - 28 May 2018 in the USA.
Well done to these learners.
- Font Size
- Reading Mode